April 3, 2022 / 18th Anniversary of Open Gate Ministries
Sunday, April 3rd , will mark 18 years of ministry for Open Gate church. We are mindful of God’s faithfulness and his blessings that have marked our journey as a church body. We are thankful for all that God has done to bring us this far and expect the best is yet to come. A time of fellowship and thanksgiving will be the order of the day on that Sunday. Please invite family, friends, and neighbors to join with us to honor God on this auspicious occasion. All are welcome. Look what the Lord has done!
April 9, 2022: 9 AM -2PM / Seminar Hamartiology
The holy character of God is the final and only standard by which moral values may be accurately judged. To the one who disregards God, there are no moral standards other than social custom, or the dictates of an uncertain and perverted conscience. The Larger Catechism (Westminster) declares: “Sin is any want of conformity unto, or transgression of any law of God, given as a rule to the reasonable creature.” While the study of sin is not pleasant it is absolutely necessary for believers to understand and communicate the odious state of our sinful nature and the “original” sin that brought the curse upon mankind today.
Often the atmosphere of triumphalism that flourishes in our churches today disregards the teaching of sin and thereby negates the power of our redemption in Christ. “…for he bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors.” Isaiah 53:12
Our seminar is free and provides breakfast and lunch for all students. Mark your calendar to participate in this excellent preparation for Holy Week. Sign up sheet will be on the table at the back of the sanctuary.
Holy Week April 10th – April 17th / Theme: Prophet, Priest, & King
Scripture: Hebrews 1:1-3 “In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by is Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.”
Christ is the Word, Redeemer, and King for the church of the living God. We give glory and honor to Christ: Prophet, Priest, and King!
- Sunday, April 10th 10 AM Worship Service: Palm Sunday – Hosanna, blessed is he who comes in the name of Lord!
- Monday, April 11th, 7: 30 PM: Stations of the Cross 1-6
- Tuesday, April 12th, 7:30 PM: Stations of the Cross 7-12
- Wednesday, April 13th, 7:30 PM: Spy Wednesday “Betrayed”
- Thursday, April 14th, 7:30 PM: Maundy Thursday “Mandate of Love” Foot washing
- Friday, April 15th 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Death Watch
- Friday, April 15th, 7:30 PM: Candle Light Communion
- Saturday, April 16th, 12:00 PM: Egg Hunt (Children)
- Sunday, April 17th, 6:30 AM: Sunrise Service on the Farm
- Sunday, April 17th, 10:00 AM: Resurrection “Hallelujah, He is risen!”